I got up early this morning determined to finally get to work on sprucing up my kitchen. It’s been painted red for far too long now. Like YEARS too long. While I still love the color red I’m tired of seeing it. Plus. NOW. I’m ready to embrace who I truly am and decorate accordingly (thank you midlife!).
Not how a trend or pretty magazine says I should. Not even how my family & friends think I should.
I’m ready to embrace by bohemian, gypsy, heart (and quite likely ancestry) and decorate accordingly.
I’ve been browsing Pinterest and some of the books I have here on my shelf and come up with a plan. Or the beginnings of a plan. I don’t really PLAN. I just kind of wing it until I get a look I like. Then I keep adding and taking away until I decide to clear it back to bare walls and start all over again.
I like to shop the thrift stores, my basement and attic and see what I can come up with on the cheap. That’s how I really decorate.
But here are some of my bohemian kitchen thoughts –
- Lighten up the wall color – will have to prime the walls to cover the red
- Add original artworks and prints
- Add textiles and plants
- Decorate with items already on hand
- Tear out the cheap fiberboard backing behind the stove
- Add a crazy big mirror somewhere
- Find something to do with my cookbooks – make them look prettier
- Something interesting on top of the fridge
- Turn an old radio into a blue tooth speaker
- This room needs more light
Here are some of the books I own and leaf through on a regular basis –
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You can see a bit of the kitchen in this post: