Two new things are happening here in The Creative Goddess studios in 2016. The first one is that I got a new “big girl” camera from Warren for Christmas. It’s a Canon Rebel T5i and I’m in love with it. Seriously. The only downside is that all of the buttons are in different places from my last camera and it is more professional. Which means I have a lot to learn and that might slow me down a bit but once I get going I’m hoping to have some super juicy photos to share with you.
The next thing is that I have made it a goal to make and share one piece of jewelry a week here. It may take me a while to get rolling, but by the end of the year I hope to have a whole lot of new jewelry. To start off I’m making these super simple Chinese New Year Inspired Earrings. I just love turquoise and red together!
Well, this photo is kind of a disappointment but that’s all part of the game. Right? This is my first offering for 2016. A pair of Chinese New Year inspired earrings. I got the beads from Jesse James Beads when I was in Philly this past summer and just now got around to using them. I love those darling little turquoise elephants!
- 2 Boho Beads red – Jesse James Beads
- 2 Elephant beads turquoise – Jesse James Beads
- Gold eye pins 3″ or gold wire – Beadalon
- Gold Head Pins – Beadalon
- 2 gold ear wires
- Place the elephant bead on the gold headpin and create a wire loop at the top.
- Using gold wire create a wrapped loop that goes through the loop at the top of the headpin and thread on the Boho bead.
- Create a wire wrapped loop at the top of the Boho Bead.
- Attach to gold ear wires.
Super easy and super festive!
PS I can never accuse my husband of not supporting my dreams and creativity. I think I will keep him. ♥