As you know, we have put ourselves on a tight budget around here and that means that we don’t want to turn the air conditioning on any more than absolutely necessary.
I have set a 90° limit. If the temperature outside gets to 90° I will relent and turn the A/C on.
Not because I’m some kind of sadist but because running the A/C DOUBLES our electric bill. So that means lots of cool, no/low cooking recipes and cooking on the grill as much as possible.
Here are my top four recipes for those “it’s too hot to turn on the oven” days.
And now some fabulous Summer Recipes from a few of my favorite blogging pals.
- Great-Grandma’s “Secret-Ingredient” Potato Salad
- Blueberry Pie Bars
- Watermelon Green Tea
- Independence Day Cranberry Pop Rocks Mocktail
- Fruit Pizza
- Zucchini Recipes
- Grilled Pizza
- Fruit Yogurt Parfaits
- Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Refreshing Summer Noodle Salad
- Frozen Banana Rum Cocktails
- Coke Float Popsicles
- Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
- Lemon Picnic Pasta
- Sand Castle Rice Krispies
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Watermelon Berry Chia Seeds Pops
- Fresh Summer Melon Ideas
- How to cut a watermelon