Back in April I had the opportunity to be a guest on the Beads Baubles and Jewels show. I was still only running at half strength so I knew I needed something that was relatively easy. I feel back on one of my favorite companies and favorite necklaces and created some metal stamped jewelry with ImpressArt stamps and blanks.
Here is the project I created along with the written instructions. I’ll let you all know when the show goes live and you’ll have the video to follow along with. I hope you like it!
- Leather cording
- Head pins
- 4mm jump ring
- ImpressArt Soft Strike Pewter Washers
- ImpressArt Soft Strike Pewter Heart
- Basic Jewelry Making Tools
- Stamp the words “BEST” on the washer and “FRIEND” on the heart according to manufacturer instructions.
- Make the letters stand out by going over them with a black permanent marker. Wipe off any excess quickly.
- Place the cord around your neck to measure how long to make your lariat. Remember, the stamped blanks and bead dangles will add more length. Set aside.
- Thread one side of the cording through the hole in the washer and create a loop with the cut end and the long portion of the lariat.
- Cut 3-4 inches of wire and wire wrap the end of the cord to the long length of cord.
- Pass the free end of cording through the middle of the washer and then repeat steps 4 and 5 with the heart.
- Add the jump ring to the second hole in the heart and add lengths of chain to it.
- Attach beads with head pins and either a simple loop or a wire wrapped loop.