The whole idea was to show how the mini canvases could be used. Each person on the design team received canvases and created their own project. And this ATC Inspired Mini Canvas Wall Art is what I came up with! 🙂
I created 12 canvases that could (or almost could) stand alone but when put together on a larger surface make one larger piece of art.
It’s also a great way to use up some of the leftovers in your creative space. 🙂
- Darice Mini Canvas 2.5in x 3.5in Item #980-25×35
- Studio 71 Acrylic Paint Set
- Premium Artist Brush Set
- Stick On Rhinestones
- Assorted Round Glass Mirrors
- Petaloo Floradoodles
- Assorted Color and Size Cup Sequins
- Gold 38 Gauge Aluminum
- Decorative Nails
- 11×14 Piece of Wood or Ampersand Canvas
- Stencils or materials to paint over to create texture and pattern
- Mod Podge or Matte Gel to adhere papers and ribbons
- Flexible Modeling Paste to add texture
Arrange the mini canvases on the base in a pleasing arrangement and begin painting a base coat of color on the canvases.
While the paint is drying cut a sheet of metal a little larger than the base. Place it over a thick piece of foam and hammer with the flat end of a small hammer to give it texture.
You can also skip this part and place your mini canvases on a painted piece of wood.
I used one image and adhered it to 4 different canvases.
Decorate each canvas until you are happy with the look. Glue the canvases to the background with a heavy duty glue like E-6000 and add some weight (like a stack of books) to hold the pieces together until they dry.
How would YOU make your Canvas Art?