Turkey day here we come!!
Your table will be ready for the big day with these easy to make place card holders.
What you’ll need:
- Marvy Uchida Scallop Oval Punch
- Felties Stickers – Acorns and Squirrels
- Brown wire
- Mini Foam Pumpkins
- Brown ink pad
- Punch an oval for each place card from any card stock (I used a cream color Bazzill Basics) and ink the edges.
- Adhere squirrel sticker. I have to say that I’m not usually crazy about felt or foam stickers but these fuzzy little squirrels from Darice are too stinkin’ cute!
- Write names with any marker or pen. I used a black Sharpie. Set aside.
- At this point you may want to set the pumpkin down on a sturdy surface and PUSH down on it to flatten out the bottom a bit. Otherwise your place cards may wobble around a bit.
- Shape brown wire into a spiral with a bit of length left over to push into pumpkin. Wrap a bit of wire around a wooden dowel or round pencil or pen to make a vine.
- Dip the wire ends into a bit of hot glue and then push them down into the pumpkin. Slip the name card into the spiral as shown and you are ready to set the table.
Easy as pie.
Pumpkin pie! Yes please! Mmmmm.
Don’t forget…use what you have on hand. Just about any large punch shape or paper shape, ink, markers, cardstock and stickers can all be swapped out according to what you have on hand.
Oh! And you might make a few extra for the surprise guest or two. We always have an extra person or two show up for dinner.
Post Notes: This post was first published on my typepad blog October 2010.