I need a greeting card!
Why is it that when I need a greeting card and I’m in a hurry I rarely have any made up ahead of time? It would be so easy to just grab one real quick, write a note, and send it out the door.
This is a great greeting card for making up ahead of time. It’s a general mixed media design so it will work for lots of occasions.
This is a fun all-occasion card I created for FaveCrafts back in 2013. Don’t worry if you don’t have the EXACT same materials I used. Experiment, have fun and use up some of the surplus craft supplies that I know you’ve got lying around.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you purchase an item after clicking a link I may make a teeny tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass
- Jumbo Dahlia Stamp from Stampendous
- Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black
- Folk Art Acrylic Paint – Eggplant
- Washi Tape
- Cardboard Tube
- Plus America Decorations Roller – Blue Lace
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Bahama Blue
- Scrap paper
- Card Blank
- Insert scrap paper in between the layers of the card.
- Ink the brayer with Tumbled Glass ink and roll it in the center of the card.
- Spritz with Glimmer Mist and let dry.
- Ink Dahlia Stamp with Archival Ink and stamp.
- Run the Decoration Roller across the top of the card
- Tear off strips of coordinating washi tape and attach to the card
- Dip the carboard tube into a puddle of acrylic paint and impress the image in random areas. Let dry.
Sometimes it’s just fun to play and experiment and see what kind of a background you come up with. If you decide you don’t love it just set it aside for later. You never know when inspiration will strike and you’ll find the perfect use for a bit of that paper.