I have a kind of unusual hobby.
I like to look around in the world at what people are making, wearing, or decorating with and see if I can spot upcoming trends. It’s just for fun, but, I’ve gotten pretty good at it over the years. In fact, I’m on the Trends Committee for the Craft and Hobby Association. Knowing what trends are coming is really helpful in my creative work.
Being able to spot trends pays big money in some places – but not so much in the frozen tundra of Ohio.
(If you live in a warm climate and need a good trend spotter call me. Yes, I WILL relocate!)
While at the CHA Winter Trade Show and Convention I began spying elephants as evidenced by numbers 2 and 9 above and number 1 below. So I started looking around to see what other kinds of elephants I could find.
I thought I’d share some of my finds with you.
1. Tote Bag
2. CHA Booth Winter 2013 – DCWV
3. Elephant Clutch
4. Indian Elephant Table Lamp Stained Glass Shade
5. Hot Pink Elephant Necklace
6. Teal Elephant Bracelet
7. Elephant Tea Pot
9. CHA Booth Winter 2013 – Craft Attitude
1. CHA Booth- Winter 2013 – DCWV
3. Indian Rising Trunk Elephant Scarf
4. 2 Pcs Indian Elephant Cotton Embroidery & Mirror Work Ethnic Pillow Cushion Cover
7. 2 QT Pink Elephant Watering Can
I found tons and tons of elephants in jewelry, crafting, home decor and accessories but these are just some of my favorites. I’m madly in love with both the elephant tea pot and the elephant watering can.
Which is your favorite?